Saturday, October 25, 2008

Jewish American Writers Series Announces New Season

I received this information courtesy of my friend Robin Goldfin. It was 22 years ago (!!) that Robin was my expository writing teacher at New York University. And oh, what a little shit I was. Smart as a whip (if I may say so), but something a total wiseass (can you imagine?) and Robin was expert with me -- and I don't mean just in terms of him handling me. His writing advice was acute and direct and meaningful in a way that only became apparent months or years afterward. And today we're friends, which is just about the nicest thing in the world.

Anyway, here's the 411:

The new season for the Jewish American Writers Series will begin on Sunday November 9th at The Cornelia Street Cafe. This year I'll be joined by two co-hosts, Debra Goldberg and Deborah Greenhut who will help to curate future readings.

For this first event the hosts will also be the featured readers: Goldberg, Greenhut and Goldfin.

There will be drama, prose and song (I'll be joined by composer Oren Neiman and actor Mike Finesilver in a few songs from THE LAWS OF MOTION.) Please join us if you can.

Jewish American Writers @ Cornelia Street Cafe
presents:
3 G's -- An Evening of Hosts

Debra Goldberg
Deborah Greenhut
Robin Goldfin

Date: Sunday November 9th
Time: 6-8 pm
Admission: $7 (includes one free drink)

Cornelia Street Cafe
29 Cornelia Street (btwn. W.4th/Bleecker Sts., west of 6th Ave.)
NYC 10014
212-989-9319
www.corneliastreetcafe.com

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: