Thursday, November 22, 2007

STRIKE, strike, strike, strike, STRIKE, strike, strike, strike... I

There's way too much going on with this strike, I don't even know where to begin. Y'all probably know that a judge is forcing the Jujamcyns to reopen the Grinch -- how strange that the local and the producers had to go to court to have the theatre owner unlock the house...sigh. This is, I hear, going to be even more bitter before this is over.

While it's true that my default emotional reaction is anti-management as I think management is inherently abusive, I think both sides have much to be ashamed of.

This post will deal strictly with an email I got the other day from Bruce Cohen, who represents the striking local. It pertains to the average salary a member of the local makes -- and how the League has gone out of its way, like the Bush Administration in the run-up to the murder of the nation's treasure, to distort and outright lie -- that is, if we can prove that the local's viewpoint is unassailable.

Anyway, Boris Kachka of New York Magazine did this side by side comparison, which I think should be required reading. Who do you believe?

And Bruce also suggested that everyone take a look at this Newsday article from November 17. Like I said, who do you believe?

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: