Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Afternoon Report, January 13, 2009


This information, called The Afternoon Report, is provided by a daily email blast from the publicity firm of Boneau Bryan-Brown, which maintains this blog. This feature doesn't run daily but whenever The Afternoon Report seems to point out articles of interest.

Seth Godin on How Often to Post to Your Blog
Advertising Age
“How often should you post to a blog? There's definitely no shortage of opinion and advice on the subject for what it's worth. And much of that free advice is worth what you pay for it. But when the eponymous Seth Godin talks about blogging, listen up! Godin used to post a couple of times a week. His blog is one that I never miss because his insights are so frequently valuable. And although I never miss one of his posts, he's gotten harder to keep up with lately. That's because not long ago he began a seven-day-a-week posting schedule. I wondered why, and so I asked him. – [Seth Godin replys] – “I've posted as often as six times a day and as infrequently as once a week. After six years of blogging, I post only when I have something I really want to say that I think will interest my readers. I try to stay away from the online echo chamber where everyone writes posts about everyone else's posts. I don't follow a daily blogging schedule but every day I use Twitter, Google Reader, and Friend Feed to post asides, links and short observations.” Seth's long-time advice about how often to post? "Key assertion: you don't publish it unless it's good."
One of the things I like about The Afternoon Report is that sometimes the email blast will include non-arts and/or non-theatre-related stuff like this. Not everyone blogs, of course, but I subscribe to Godin's daily blasts and find his perspective and advice pretty interesting. Click on the link for more.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: