Friday, May 18, 2007

New York University Wants to Take Over the World. Rats Scurry.

Would you check out this posting on Gawker about NYU's plans to turn to fertilizer what parts of the Village is hasn't done that to already? (NYU is my alma mater...I can say whatever I want about those greedy bastards.)

For the full text of the press release, click here.

And then there was the story about the guy in the alumni office who called me at work and fed me some line about a mandate from the president of NYU to reach out to prominent alumni, to find out how they are and where they are and how we can all work together. Sure, I'd be happy to meet, I said. And I did meet this very nice guy. Nice chat, everything going swimmingly -- even the part in which he admitted that only 10% of graduates actually give money seemed to be genuinely admitted. Can I, he asked, give a princely sum? No, I cannot, I said, but I'd be open to giving something, especially if the university is really interested in bonding alumni together. Did I ever hear from him again? No. Not even after emailed him to say hello, to continue the conversation. Like I said, greedy bastards. Let'em rot.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

paulpierog(notyourpresident) said...

New York University sure does own a lot in the West Village.