Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Democrats Create the "Republican Apology Machine"...Why Am I Upset?

This is going to be a short post but I think it's an important one. So there's been all this chatter about how strategist James Carville and pollster Stanley Greenberg hatched the current Rush-Limbaugh-is-the-leader-of-the-GOP meme and now the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has created a whole webpage, called I'm Sorry Rush, to spotlight how the leaders of the right must kiss Pope Rush's ring whenever they deviate from Republican orthodoxy.

So I laughed at first.

Then I thought -- wait a minute, so, some of this is coming out of the White House? Isn't this what Obama said he wouldn't do? Come on -- can't the Democrats be better than this? What makes anyone think the American people won't object -- and loudly? Don't screw up this moment with such stupidity. The Republicans, it seems to me, can do all that by themselves, no?

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: