This information, called The Afternoon Report, is provided by a daily email blast from the publicity firm of Boneau Bryan-Brown, which maintains this blog. This feature doesn't run daily but whenever The Afternoon Report seems to point out articles of interest.
Sphere: Related Content
Amtrak Guest Rewards Joins Forces with Audience Rewards Points Program
BROADWAY WORLD – BY BWW NEWS DESK
“Amtrak Guest Rewards and Audience Rewards, the Official Loyalty Program of Broadway, announced an exciting new marketing partnership designed to promote and make theatre more accessible to Amtrak Guest Rewards members. Starting today, members of Amtrak's program can transfer their points into Audience Rewards ShowPoints and Audience Rewards members can convert their ShowPoints to Amtrak Guest Rewards points.
"Amtrak is a critical marketing partner for Broadway given the access and reach it provides to potential theatre goers from major markets such at Boston, Providence, New Haven, Philadelphia, and the Washington D.C. area. We believe this partnership will create exciting marketing opportunities for producers to reach new customers and for loyal Amtrak users to experience the magic of Broadway through special offers, ticket awards using their Amtrak points, and truly unique theatre experiences," said Josh Lesnick, CEO and President of Audience Rewards.
• Membership in both programs is required for members to exchange their points.
• Points can be exchanged between programs on a one-to-one ratio.
• Audience Rewards' free ticket awards start at 2,800 points. Amtrak free ticket awards start at 1,000 points.
• Amtrak Guest Rewards members will be offered opportunities to experience unique access to "behind the scenes" Broadway events, previews, and special Amtrak-only award redemption options.
• Audience Rewards members will receive special offers from Amtrak that deliver value and savings for people who want to visit New York City and see a show.”
I'd love to see statistics on how many specifically Broadway-bound theatergoers there are.